Java Developer - Big Data
XCaliber is looking for a Java Developer
+ 15 nationalities Offices in Malta and Poland and Portugal +80 staff
XCaliber is a tight-knit Technology team with offices in Malta, Poland and Portugal. We collaborate to produce some of the most innovative technology in the iGaming industry.
There are a lot of plus points to working at XCaliber including:
Flexible working hours - Central office
Competitive salary - Calendar of social events
Conference / training budget - Gym benefits
Our Big Data team is growing and we need a Java Developer to join the effort of creating the our Big Data platform, which
is composed of a Hadoop data lake, fed with real-time data from Kafka Streams and Connect. The data comes from our gaming platform, payments aggregator and affiliate system. We use AWS infrastructure for hosting and Docker containers for development purposes.
Working for an award-winning casino operating technology provider means you will get to work with the most cutting-edge technology and forward thinking colleagues. The environment is demanding, but it adds to a dynamic team of individuals.
On a daily basis, the team is in direct contact with the team in Malta/Portugal and collaboration is encouraged with occasional business trips to the different offices.
Being part of our team will mean:
- Working on massive scale applications, using Agile methodology and SCRUM
- Creating Spark applications and ETL processes
- Building real-time streaming applications
- Experience in writing high-performance Java or Scala applications
- Willingness to learn and share knowledge
- Very good communication skills in English (both written and spoken)
- Teamplayer attitude
Nice to have:
- Practical experience with Apache Spark
- Knowledge of different Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Kafka)
- Experience with Machine Learning tools